Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I. LOVE. QUINOA.

Today I threw together a bunch of slop, and it was delicious.

I cooked 1 cup of quinoa in 2 cups of water using my rice cooker. In the meantime, I heated together a can of black beans and a can of collard greens on the stove. I added them together with the quinoa and proceeded to eat 3 bowls of it. Oh yeah, and I added a generous amount of cholula. I don't think I'll ever eat rice and beans. From now on, it's quinoa and beans.

No picture because it looked disgusting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quinoa...the only indigenous American grain! I love it...Try this recipe...sauté garlic and onion and chopped carrot, add chopped red and green pepper, add quinoa, add chick peas...paprika, cayenne, and salt to taste...its delicious!

-jjw

www.izzitgreen.com

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

I have been eating something similar to that! Great minds.... ; )

Chelsea said...

I agree - I totally love quinoa. It's so versatile; I really like it with Indian food (like with Tasty Bites), and in taco salad.

Anonymous said...

i can has dinner invitation?

Jen said...

hey, it's jewbacca! i like your blog. i am also a broke-ass vegan so if you have some good stand by staple recipes, plz gimme some ideas!